There are plenty of people who think they have limited options when it comes to Internet marketing. Fortunately, Facebook offers a new world in which to market to customers.
1. Many people join Facebook and have their own profile. Everyone should be able to friend the page and see the information that the owner of the page wants other people to see. It’s a personal connection that many people are looking for, and they will be more likely to buy if they have friended the business owner.
2. Make a page for the company on Facebook. This is a page that other users can subscribe to so that they can see all of the latest news, deals and updates from the business. It’s the easiest way to inform people about what’s going on with the company. Treat it like the sale papers on Facebook.
3. Cross-promote between the personal page and the business page. Posting in both places allows everyone who’s connected with either page to see the important updates. Plus, it makes people who are only following one page more likely to follow the other page as well.
4. Don’t be afraid to have contests on Facebook. The smartest thing any business can do is to start doing Facebook-only marketing campaigns. If people think they’re missing out because they don’t follow you on Facebook, they will come in droves to make sure they don’t miss the next good deal.
5. Always cross-promote Facebook with e-mails and letters. When more traditional forms of communication go out to customers, it is best to remind them to follow the company on Facebook. Pushing everyone to a central location for all the information makes the hunt for new customers and new business much easier.